Saturday, March 21, 2009

14th Anniversary

This week, Rochelle and I celebrated our 14th anniversary. Here are some of the highlights. (Warning this posting is appropriate for all ages, no salacious details included.)

Last week my mom made us shamrock cookies with green frosting. We served those at our wedding luncheon; and my mom makes them for us every year about this time. She's a keeper, too.

Sportsman's Warehouse in Pocatello is closing -- dang economy! So, Rochelle and I went in to check it out last weekend (about 18 million other people had the same idea). I found a chuck box for camp cooking that I was pretty sure I couldn't live without. Rochelle bought it for me as an anniversary present.

We normally celebrate our anniversary by going out and spending money on a short vacation, or at least a really nice night out. But, the pressure was on me to get Rochelle a nice gift since she got me something so awesome. Sadly, I don't think I did as well for her. I ordered her some scented wax for her Scentsy-Nice-Smelling-Wax-Melty-Things (that's the official name, I'm pretty sure). I also got her an array of beautiful smelling lotions and bath products and a bunch of red roses. I even spent some time in Hallmark choosing a card (couldn't get the image of Kevin James's stand-up routine on card buying out of my head while I did it, though).

Feeling like I was coming up short, I booked a really nice room in Idaho Falls, and made the arrangements for my mom to stay with our kids so we could get away for Friday and Saturday. We drove race cars at the go-cart speedway, dined at Johnny Carino's, caught Race to Witch Mountain at the Edwards (I anticipate seeing a Witch Mountain ride the next time we go to Disneyland, and yes, it will be awesome), went to the Titanic exhibit at the museum, played 2 rounds of disc golf, bought the Twilight movie, and had lunch at the new Red Robin in Idaho Falls. It was a blast.

I highly recommend the go-cart raceway if you have 30-60 minutes to spare. It was really fun to drift around the corners.

Oh, and our room had a private hot tub in the loft. Had to mention that to make Rochelle blush. Probably won't work.

I'm already feeling the pressure for next year when we hit 15. If we can afford it, we're going to try to go to Hawaii. If not, there's always Bingo in Fort Hall.

1 comment:

  1. HOW FUN!!! I have to say somehow I don't think bingo at Fort Hall is going to cut it...

    ReplyDelete